|OSTOMY SUPPORT GROUP
EAST VALLEY ARIZONA
- The Ostomy Support Group East Valley Arizona was founded in 1981. We are affiliated with
the United Ostomy Association of America, a national organization of local support groups.
- To provide a local organization for the rehabilitation of persons who have lost the normal
function of their bowel or bladder and now have a colostomy, ileostomy, urostomy, or alternate
- To encourage and maintain a personal exchange of ideas and methods for the rehabilitation of
those who have ostomies.
- To promote better methods of ostomy care and management and the improvement of ostomy
appliances, equipment and supplies.
- To cooperate with other organizations which have, in whole or in part, similar objectives, aims
- To sponsor exhibits at leading medical and public meetings.
- To inform the general public about ostomy surgery, thereby helping to eliminate prejudice and
discrimination and helping to find ostomates in need of assistance.
- To advance the knowledge of gastro-intestinal and urological diseases, their causes, treatments,
cures and prevention.
- To help every ostomate live a well-adjusted, normal and productive life.
Our Next Meeting Will Be Sunday July 16th at 2PM
Our Program will feature Mary Erin O'Brien
Author Of The
"Accidental Pilgram- From Mammogram to Miracle"
OUR NEXT BOARD MEETING will follow our monthly meeting. All are
invited to sit in during the meeting and see how your Board Of Directors make
our Support group the best is Arizona.
Our meetings generally held on the third Sunday of the month. We welcome anyone that may have questions
relating to an Ostomy. We have over 100 members of all ages with Ostomies, numerous associates and family
members. Nearly everyone has had periods of distress with various problems from leaks to skin issues. We
generally have at least 2 licensed Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses at our meetings to answer any of your
Whether or not you might like to join our group officially, please feel free to attend our meetings.
For information call Maureen Hymel 480.343.8751 firstname.lastname@example.org